Friday, June 8, 2012

Meet Blind


An interesting story resides behind the creation of this blog, and it goes like this. Once there was a rather weak Christian who attended the Theological Foundation for Youth conference. Who this person is doesn’t really matter, but for the sake of the story let’s name this person Blind. Blind had been singing the Psalms for several years, yet never truly appreciated or thought about the Psalms. Now at the conference, Blind discovered something very strange; other similar aged younger people seemed to love the Psalms. In fact, many of the people at the conference understood the Psalms and memorized them. This love for the Psalms puzzled Blind, so Blind went home and started to study the Psalms both through personal devotions and with a friend.  Through the Psalms, this rather weak Christian found new strength from the promises and words of guidance in the Psalms. I was this person, Blind, but now I see.


The Psalms filled me with joy, so I was pained to find that many other young people in the Reformed church, though exposed to Psalms, still sang the Psalms with eyes that could not see. I remembered all those godly saints I met at the Theological Foundation for Youth conference, and I proposed this idea of a Psalm blog to them and other lovers of the Psalms that I met. As a result, “Selah” was created.


1 comment: